Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Powder Room Soho, London Review

  Well for my Birthday as you know I went to London, I had an amazing Birthday treat thanks to the Powderpuff Girls!!

  I Love being pampered, but you seem to find either a hairdressers, or a beauticians! I came across the Powder Room and I was so intrigued.  The Powderpuff Girls are a unique team of beauty proffesionals of make up artists, manicurists, hair stylists and massage therapists.

  When we got to the Powder Room located on Marshall Street, Soho, which is a 5 minute walk away from Oxford Street where it meets regent Street.  I think this is a great Location as we had been shopping for my evening outfit on Oxford Street and we could just walk, what a brilliant end to a busy shopping spree!

  When we walked in we were kindly greeted by Emma and we were offered a cocktail but we opted for cup of tea and biscuits.  We were sat down at a gorgeous counter with pretty mirrors with high stools.  My friend Claire had a experienced Powerpuff Girl and I was looked after by a trainee!  Claire opted for an up do and I wanted my hair in beautiful Curls, my hair is naturally curly but not smooth and frizz free!  We were sat down about 20 mins in all, we had the speedy hairdos! We were both very pleased with our hairdos however as my friend had a updo that had to last all evening we did have to add some kirby grips and add more hairspray! My hair stayed in place all night!


 We were shown the area used for bigger parties like Hen Parties.  There was actually a hen party before we arrived and then apparently were all dressed in a certain era and made up to suit their outfits.  Think I may steal that idea for my Hen do!!!

 The Powder Room also have an online shop where you can only buy from them as the products come from America and Switzerland.
 The brands are

  • Blouse and skirt
  • Mavala
  • Paul & Joe
  • Dianna Brill
  • The Powderpuff Girls
  • Lola
  • The Vintage Cosmetic Company
  • The Balm
 The prices are dearer than usual makeup you get from the well known brands however they are such good quality.  Its on my Christmas Present wish list!!!!!




  



  I had a brilliant time being pampered and even thinking about taking my mum there for Mothers Day as the Powder Room do events for special occasions!!  I would recommend to anyone and I just hope there is one in Cheshire soon.  They inspired me because I love different era hairstyles and makeup and even think i would like to learn hair styles for wedding and other special occasions!

The Powder Rooms website  http://boutique.thepowderpuffgirls.com/

The online Shop http://store.thepowderpuffgirls.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...